Follow us on Substack

6/22/14

RETICENT

RETICENT

<Ret-tee-sent>

Silent; shy; hesitant;

Being reluctant to speak.

You were reticent about speaking, but you spoke very well.


I know you are reticent to tell me where my cat is, but he is not your cat and I would like him back.

Ret - i - cent

Ret (Reminds) Return or reply

Cent (Reminds) Sent

I return your question and sent you away.

RETURN SENT





You write: "The automobile license is accepable."  Why don't I understand what you wrote?

Answer below...



Subscribe to New Word A Day
 


Subscribe to New Idiom A Day - FREE daily email


(c) 2014 E. Carruthers







Answer:  

The word is spelled "acceptable."  I don't know what "accepable" means. 

Just remember: Accept the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IMMUTABLE

  IMMUTABLE <Im-mute-ah-bul> Unalterable; permanent; total; An unchangeable and undeniable absolute An immutable law never changes bec...