Follow us on Substack

5/29/14

MEA CULPA

MEA CULPA

<May-ah-kul-pa>

My mistake; my fault; my error;

Admitting a personal error.

The child made a mea culpa and a confession was made.


The boy made a mea culpa and offered a flower as an apology.

Mea - culpa

Mea (Reminds) Me or my

Culpa (Reminds) Culpable


Memory Trick:  My guilt makes me culpable because I did it.

ME CULPABLE



You descry a book on your bookshelf. Why don't you have any tears?

Answer below...






Subscribe to New Word A Day
 


Subscribe to New Idiom A Day - FREE daily email


(c) 2014 E. Carruthers






Answer:  

Descry means to see something. You just found a new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IMMUTABLE

  IMMUTABLE <Im-mute-ah-bul> Unalterable; permanent; total; An unchangeable and undeniable absolute An immutable law never changes bec...