Follow us on Substack

2/27/15

Fervid

Fervid

<fur-vid>

intense; passionate; earnest;

having extreme interest or enthusiasm for something.

He is a fervid coin collector. He buys them all the time.

Memory trick: fervid reminds of fever.
You have a fever when you are excited.

Used at work:
I appreciate your fervid dedication. I am giving you a raise.





Yesterday:



Improbity

<imm-pro-bitty>

evil; wickedness; dishonesty;

lacking honesty and being a devious bad person.

His improbity makes me not trust him with my money.

Memory trick: "Improb" reminds of improper.
Bity reminds of bitty or small. An improper small person.

Used at work:
His improbity was obvious when I realized his report was fake.



(c) 2014 E. Carruthers


No comments:

Post a Comment

IMMUTABLE

  IMMUTABLE <Im-mute-ah-bul> Unalterable; permanent; total; An unchangeable and undeniable absolute An immutable law never changes bec...