Follow us on Substack

7/3/14

QUIBBLE

QUIBBLE

Kwib-bul

Protest; bicker; disagree;

Verbally fight about unimportant things.

I never quibble because I would rather talk about real issues.

I realized it was bad to quibble with a cat when I saw the claws come out.



Qui - ble

Qui (Reminds) Quiz

Ble (Rhymes) Bull

I quiz you like a bull.

QUIZ BULL



You ruminate on things while you ruminate a lettuce sandwich. What are you doing?

Answer below...



Subscribe to New Word A Day
 


Subscribe to New Idiom A Day - FREE daily email


(c) 2014 E. Carruthers



Answer:  

You are thinking about things while you are chewing a lettuce sandwich. Ruminate means to think about something, but ruminate also means to chew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IMMUTABLE

  IMMUTABLE <Im-mute-ah-bul> Unalterable; permanent; total; An unchangeable and undeniable absolute An immutable law never changes bec...