Follow us on Substack

10/8/11

Euphonious

You tell me you won the lottery and you want to share it with me...
... I say "You're words are euphonious.
Do you still share it with me?
(ans below)
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
Yes.  Euphonious means pleasant sounding or pleasant sounding words.

So... I liked what you said.
 ..............
  I email you:
I will sell you my phone cheap. It is a phoney.
You email back:
As long as it is not a phony... I will buy it.
Did you get a good deal?
(ans below)



..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No.  Phoney and phony both mean the same thing - fake.
 ------------
You tell me... "All day... pachyderms knock into my tachometer."
I ask you "How big was the hippopotamus?"
Since a pachyderm can be an elephant, a rhinoceros, or a hippopotamus...
How did I guess right?

(ans below)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
A tachometer measures water flow...
Hippos live in the water.
  Subscribe! Always FREE!

© 2011 New Word A Day - free to share if you keep our link!
Email: WebMaster@NewWordADay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

IMMUTABLE

  IMMUTABLE <Im-mute-ah-bul> Unalterable; permanent; total; An unchangeable and undeniable absolute An immutable law never changes bec...