Follow us on Substack

10/13/11

Assail

We are in a boat with an assail and the sun is bright.


The wind is blowing pretty fast to the north.


There is a reef ahead... why don't we see it?
(answer below)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.






.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Assail means to attack violently.
We are probably to busy fighting to look for reefs.
.
Pronounced: <ah-sale>
.
.
.
I bake some bread.
I say: "You probably don't want some because you already look like you're aloof."
Do you go on a diet or eat my bread?

(answer below)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You correct me and say "I like bread.  I am not indifferent to it" ... then you eat some.
Aloof means reserved, indifferent or uninterested.
Were you thinking of a loaf?
 



Get one word each day:
Subscribe to New Word A Day! Always FREE!

or...
Get more words each day:
Subscribe to Englishionary! Always FREE!
Email: WebMaster@NewWordADay.com

© 2011 New Word A Day, Carruthers - free to share if you include our links

No comments:

Post a Comment

IMMUTABLE

  IMMUTABLE <Im-mute-ah-bul> Unalterable; permanent; total; An unchangeable and undeniable absolute An immutable law never changes bec...